The following trainings are offered to professionals who have an interest in learning more about domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse.
- Overview of Domestic Violence
- Effects of DV on Children
- Offender Treatment Intervention
- Overview of Sexual Assault
- Advocating Beyond Leaving
- A brief overview of DV with a focus on why victims maintain relationships with their abusers.
- The Three R’s of Child Abuse
- Recognizing, Reporting, and Recovery for Children who have been abused.
- Treatment for Traumatized Children
- Children who have been sexually abused and child witnesses of DV.
- Domestic Violence 101
- Sexual Assault 101
- Child Abuse 101
- Mandatory Reporting
- Girl’s Circle
- Boy’s Council
- Mentors in Violence (MVP)
- Overview of CASA/Family Systems
Click the buttons below to be taken to that organization’s website.
CASA/Family Systems Volunteer Program is an opportunity for interested members of the community to assist with the mission and vision of our organization. Due to the highly confidential and personal nature of our service all interested persons will be subject to a thorough background check.
Internships are available to individuals who have been cleared by their college or university program of study. Due to the high volume of interest in this area, we are only able to select a couple of individuals per year. Your chances of being chosen by one of our program managers will be greater if (1) you have completed our Annual Training; (2) you successfully pass your background check; and (3) submit recommendations from your University or College program area. This is not a guarantee but it will increase your chances.
It is highly recommended interested persons keep abreast of our Annual Training scheduled throughout the year.
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Check out our volunteer positions below.